Monday, April 12, 2010

Below Chantry Flats





I should just call this blog, the Chantry Flats blog, since that's all I ever really put up here huh? Someday I'll make these pictures really local so people can see what Chantry is all about.

But for now, you get exclusive privileges.

So this time around I take the guys to the bottom of the trail; the one I took last Easter Sunday where I saw the pirate pirate squirrel. Except this time, when we reached the river, we went downstream instead of up to the waterfall. For all of us there, it was our first time, and I sure wasn't expecting to take my camera out as much as I did, but here you go. Enjoy!

Below Chantry Flats

*hint - you can navigate using your arrow keys!
- press down + b to slide!
- press select repeatedly when you fall in a pit, and you can enter glitch mode!


*UPDATE! : I think this is the guy we kept seeing around the place:

  1. Taricha torosa - California Newt
  2. Wiki - California Newt
"Like other Taricha members, the glands in the skin of T. torosa secrete the potent neurotoxin tetrodotoxin, which is hundreds of times more toxic than cyanide. This is the same toxin found in pufferfish and harlequin frogs. Researchers believe that bacteria synthesize tetrodotoxin and the animals that employ the neurotoxin acquire it through consumption of these bacteria. This neurotoxin is so strong that it is enough to kill most vertebrates, including humans. However, they are dangerous only if ingested, and can be safely kept as pets."

Good thing Mel wasn't hungry at the time.

No comments: